Customs Procedure for Moving Household Goods in to Turkey
Any customer who is Turkish citizen must be present for customs clearance. Used household goods and personal effects permitted for import if for customer's own use. Household goods must arrive within two months before or six months after the customer's passport is stamped for entry into Turkey. Customers that hold a Turkish Passport must have lived abroad for a continuous period in excess of two years in order to import items free of duty that were acquired outside of Turkey.
1. Passport for customer and dependents (with valid entry stamp)
2. Residence Visa
3. Residence Permit
4. Work Permit
5. Application Letter
6. Inventory (showing brand name and serial numbers of electrical appliances)
7. Letter of Guarantee issued by customer's Turkish employer
8. Letter authorizing destination agent to clear shipment
1. Customer must be present for customs clearance of any vehicle.
2. Vehicle must arrive within three months before or three months after customer's passport is stamped for entry into Turkey
3. Turkish citizens must obtain a labor permit for importation of a motor vehicle
4. New vehicles are relatively problem free, but there are restrictions on vehicles over three years old
5. A non-Turkish National may avoid taxes and import duty when importing a vehicle in Turkey if a Letter of Guarantee is provided
6. If vehicle is included in container with household goods, household goods will not be released until vehicle is cleared
7. No minibuses allowed
"Carnet de Passage"
Black Book (motor and chassis number)
Letter of Guarantee from Customer
2. Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products
4. Used appliances, electronics, etc. should not be packed in original cartons, or they will be considered new
5. Electrical goods should be compatible with the number of family members in the household
Duplicate electrical items are dutiable
Fax machines and telecommunication equipment are restricted
1. Weapons and ammunition
2. Narcotics and drugs
Live Animals and Plants
Health Certificate required
Disclaimer: This information is intended for general guidance and all moverworldwide.com users are allowed to reproduce this information. moverworldwide.com cannot however take responsibility for any errors, additions, omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest customs office or the moving company you select for your move to Turkey for full and current information prior to importation/relocation.