Customs Regulation

You are here Home  > Customs Regulation  >   denmark Customs

Customs Procedure for Moving Household Goods in to Denmark
Customer must be in Denmark at time of customs clearance. Used household goods duty-free if: 
Owner has resided abroad a minimum of 12 months (six months for EC countries). Household goods have been used a minimum of six months (three months for EC countries). Effects are for personal use and must not be lent or sold for a period of 12 months after arrival (deposit may be required). 
Shipments must clear within 10 days of arrival to avoid storage charges 
Shipment must arrive within one year of Customer 

Documents Required
Residence Visa 
Residence Permit 
Work Permit 
Proof of Employment 
Certificate of Residence Change 
Danish Customs Form (G55) (to be obtained from Destination Agent) 
Copy of Registration with the Danish National Register 
Declaration of Free Entry (to be obtained from Destination Agent), listing alcohol and tobacco products and any autos or other vehicles being imported 
Proof of Residence abroad for minimum 12 months (European Community countries six months) 

Cars, motorcycles and other vehicles may be duty-free if for private use only, if owned and registered abroad for a minimum of six months and if owner has resided outside of Denmark for a minimum of 12 months 
Extremely high registration tax payable on all vehicles (100% - 200%) 
Documents required: 
Separate Danish Customs Form (G55) 
Registration Certificate 
Third party insurance (Green Card) 

Prohibited Items

Firearms, ammunition (Import License, obtained from Danish Ministry of Justice, and shooting permit required), Narcotics, Live plants (unless license obtained from Danish Government Plant Protection Service based on Phytosanitary Certificate from authorities at origin that plants are free from disease), Live, dead and pre-manufactured parts of animals mentioned in the "Washington Convention" (unless license obtained from Danish Nature Conservancy Board), Medicine (unless license granted by Danish Ministry of Justice). 

Live Animals and Plants

Dogs and cats permitted with Health Certificate dated not more than one month before arrival and a Certificate of Rabies Inoculation dated 1-12 months before arrival.

Disclaimer: This information is intended for general guidance and all users are allowed to reproduce this information. cannot however take responsibility for any errors, additions, omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest customs office or the moving company you select for your move to Denmark for full and current information prior to importation/relocation.